Friday, December 11, 2009

Post-special election bias?

I received the link to this report in the mail from Newsy.com, which analyzes some of the newspaper and television reporting in the wake of Mass. Senate special election primaries on Tuesday:



Very nice job finding the clips and putting this together. Unlike blogs or political gossip sites, these are news organizations. Coakley hasn't been elected in the final, even though the safe bet says she will be. The fact that they are acting as if she has won the final is pretty sloppy ... and sad.

On another front, Dan Kennedy has some thoughts about indie Joe Kennedy and what role, if any, he will play in the election and whether he should even be covered: ["What to do about the other Joe Kennedy"].
I make some points here too, as do others. It's an interesting conversation, to say the least.

Update: I missed Jon Keller's post election blog post which is pretty good: ["Reading the Tea Leaves"].
It just goes to show you that I should by watching my Twitter feed more closely. I love this line from Election Night though:

"Jack E. Robinson - with all due respect, time to find another hobby."

No comments: