Sunday, October 21, 2007

Quote of the night

I didn't see the GOP debate on FoxNews but I have seen some of the press reports, including this one: ["Cat Fight Hisses in Republican Presidential Primary Debate"].
It is hilarious to read about the frontfunners attacking one another, trying to one up each other. And there is Mike Huckabee, kinda moseying along, trying to get some traction by being civil and focusing on the bigger picture:
"[I'm] content to let you let them fight all they want tonight, shed each other's blood and then I'll be ready to run for president because I'm not interested in fighting these guys. What I'm interested in is fighting for the American people, and I think they're looking for a presidential candidate who's not so interested in a demolition derby against the other people in his own party."
Does that sound presidential or what? Compare that to the bickering between the frontrunners and you really have to wonder about GOP voters.

No comments: