Sunday, October 28, 2007

A racial slur ...

Now I kinda know what a black person feels like.
Tonight, while driving around Penacook and West Concord, dropping off the last round of OurConcord.com newspapers to stores and other locations on Fisherville Road, two guys in a dark colored subcompact sedan yelled at me, "Hey N*gger!" as they drove up the road before I got into my car. I couldn't believe it.
Now, maybe this was someone thinking they were being funny or something. But, I doubt it. In this day and age, and me being clearly white, why would anyone use such language? It just makes them look like fools. And, if I was a cop or was with it enough to write down their license plate, I could have made a citizen's arrest for a hate crime. So much for New Hampshire becoming a bit more enlightening with age.

No comments: