Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Paul campaign: Hillary lawyers kicked out poll checkers

I just got this email which was sent out. Very strange. Earlier today, I was wondering why there were no poll checkers in my local polling location, checking to make sure their voters were getting checked:

Hillary's lawyers kicking out poll workers in NH

I'll update this information as I get it:

I'm working here in Ron Paul HQ in Concord and we've been getting reports that Hillary's lawyers are kicking poll workers out of various precincts across the state since this morning. They're kicking out Obama and Ron Paul poll workers, and possibly others.

Poll workers are there to confirm that known supporters are attending.

It's part of the GOTV process, and Hillary is using strong-arm tactics to limit our (and Obama's) ability to conduct this! Even if the poll workers are allowed back in, the damage is done because we lose track of who has entered the polls.

Fergus Collins (the NH GOP chairman) is writing a letter to make sure poll captains know they have a RIGHT to be there. If some lawyer tells you to leave the poll, stand your ground!

A Campaign worker here in Concord also want the media to know about this.

Hopefully I'll get more details soon.

No comments: