Saturday, May 3, 2008

Surge technology?

Wow, check this out:

Question: Can anyone - anyone - hot rod my Honda Civic to do this? I spend $240 to $300 per month in gas to get to work. I will pay anyone a year's worth of gas - up to $3,600 - to upgrade my Honda to run on nothing but magnets. My email is above.

Speaking of gas, I have to agree with Barack Obama on the gas tax holiday thing. It's a completely silly argument and both Hillary Clinton and John McCain are pandering. Sure, I could use the $3 to $4 per week I pay in gas taxes back in my pocket. But gas taxes, for the most part, go toward road repairs and bridge construction. And after years and years of decay, our infrastructure is crumbling. So, the last thing anyone should do is roll back the gas tax. What should be done is that the government should implement price controls and they should do it now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, the unit doesn't work as he claims in the video. Google Surge Technology. One sight is quite comprehensive about it and says the video appears to be made in 1997. In 1999 he admits that the machine was not self-sustaining. The machine was actually slowing down, slowly. Permanent magnets aren't the answer to PPM. They have a tendency to find an equilibrium between their forces. A pulsating magnetic field (electromagnets on one side) would be a better idea.

Anonymous said...

Ok, maybe it ain't self-sustaining yet!! But give this technology to the RIGHT person and I am certain someone can make it right. This goes to show that it is possible, now it's up to us to push it further so that the technology is developed and put into use.

Anonymous said...

Gas companies do not want technology, like this, to get put into mass production. They want us to stay slaves to carbon-based fuel sources, and are willing to not only crush any viable alternatives, but to pollute the world while fattening their pocket books. Sad state of affairs, if you ask me.

Anonymous said...

The car is nothing more than an Solectria-built Geo Metro (150V electric) car with a Curtis PWM controller. The motor has been changed, but the amp draw is still the same as whem the car was new (I know, I own one). All he has is a standard electric car, with a standard range -- nothing more.