Friday, August 22, 2008

Huge news? Hillary gets stiffed ...

Should we believe this or has he picked her by default: ["Hillary gets stiffed"].
Granted, it is an unnamed Democratic source. It could be the friggin' copy boy for all we know. I was on WBZ 1030 last night as a caller complaining about all the Hillary women who are threatening to bolt the Democrats if Obama doesn't pick Hillary.
I stated that I hoped other Democrats would tell them to "sit down and shut up," similar to what Nader folks have heard from Dems in 2000 and 2004. I mean, remember all that? How we were destroying the country and everything else and we should shut up and vote for Gore or Kerry? Yeah, I remember that.
But, if they aren't happy with their nominee and his choice, they can vote "None of the above" or for McCain? Give me a break! Again, like so much of life, one rule for them, one rule for us.
I also said that there is at least one woman on the short list, Gov. Sebelius, and I also touted my own favorite female candidate, Ohio Rep. Marcy Kaptur, as possibles.
Frankly, had the Dems picked Bill Bradley in 2000, I probably wouldn't have voted for Nader. Had the Dems picked Jerry Brown in 1992, I wouldn't have voted for Perot. Admittedly, I did vote for that dingbat Kerry but that was only after my wife hounded me for weeks about it. It felt terrible not voting for Nader, the best candidate.
But, you know, I kinda feel for the Hillary supporters a bit and understand their frustration if they decide to send the nation into turmoil because they didn't get their way. Like everyone else, is looking forward to the person Obama plans to name to the ticket. And if the Hillary folks aren't happy, Nader and Cynthia McKinney will be happy to receive their votes and money.

No comments: