Saturday, January 3, 2009

The end of the Green Party?

Mass. Green Party activist John Walsh thinks so and has a lengthy piece about the situation here: ["The End of the Green Party "]. A good read, especially if you've been tracking alternative parties in the United States.

This is interesting: ["Hyundai taking returns"]. I guess that is one way to combat the downturn in the economy. As well, there is always a market for used cars [or in this case, late model returns]. So, Hyundai is right to experiment with this.

And over at OurConcord.com, I have two local media notes about recent editions of the Concord Monitor and The Bow Times/Goffstown News merger: ["Two local media notes"].

Lastly, in keeping with the theme of newspapers [and lastly because I'm in the middle of doing laundry], there is this story about government funding and bailouts for newspapers: ["Government aid could save U.S. newspapers, spark debate"]. Despite the intentions and interesting concept, I'm leery about this one. I really think the bailouts are a bad idea all around, even if my job could be one of the jobs saved.

No comments: