Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ugh ... another storm ...

on friggin' deadline even ... again ...



I hate it when it snows on deadline. It effes everything up!
The last time this happened, a couple of weeks ago, I drove home, slept, and then tried to venture into work in the early morning, only to go careening 10 to 12 feet into an embankment just before the state liquor store on I-93 south. Thankfully, I was not injured and the only thing wrong with the car that they could find was a leaky shock absorber.
BTW, since I didn't really write about it at the time it happened, I want to thanks some folks. First, the state police, for quickly getting to the scene to see if I was OK. Second, AAA, who towed me for free [I've been a member for years; never used it until now]. And third, thank you to two women, a youngish one in a Jeep and an older woman in a Honda Element, who both stopped to offer assistance even though I didn't need any. The young woman I have seen on the highway before, because of her funky license plate [I have one too, so I look at them ...], but not the older woman. Interestingly, not a single guy stopped to see if I was OK. They were all too busy in their SUVs barreling past everyone else.

R.I.P. Laurel Bowman: ["Laurel Bowman"]. So sad. Apparently, she was in a bad car accident recently. She was a great gal and a cool musician.

They Live! I have to see this movie again ... it's been ages ...


No comments: