Thursday, July 1, 2010

Oh so tempted ...

... not by the fruit of another, but to go and see Cheap Trick and Squeeze at Meadowbrook in a couple of weeks. The problem? I went to see them both with my friend Paul a couple of years ago in Boston. Cheap Trick opened, were amazing, and then Squeeze came on and played every song like the record. I like Squeeze and it was fun, but if I never see them again, it won't be such a big deal.
It looks like Cheap Trick are going to be headlining up here, which means they will be playing longer. Drummer extraordinaire Bun E. Carlos is not touring with the band, although he remains a member (he has had health issues in the past, according to press releases).
I received an email from Meadowbrook saying they were running a sale on lawn tickets - four for $40 to any show, plus the fees - if you buy the tickets before the Fourth of July holiday. I'm not quite there yet but who knows. I'd take the kids if it weren't too late into the evening.
I find it funny that I really have no interest in seeing most bands these days, even the ones I love. I guess that's just a part of getting old.

1 comment:

Laura F. said...

Go see Cheap Trick again. You'll be so glad you did! Daxx Nielsen is doing a great job filling in for Bun E. and they've been playing longer sets with tunes from their older catalog. Leave when the kids get tired.