Thursday, June 15, 2006

"Be near me ... be near ..."
I don't usually post stuff about things I do at work but this week, I had the coolest interview with Martin Fry, the frontman of the 1980s synthpop band ABC. You can hear the two segments here on mp3: [A&E]. See, man does not live on politics alone, heh, heh ... ABC will be playing at the Tupelo Music Hall in Londonderry, N.H. tomorrow night. I will be there. If you see me, do say "Hi." :-)

Congrats to WCAP: ["Local radio hosts sound off about the good old days, honor boss"]. How many radio stations can do this kind of event? Not many.

Gray is the new, well, black: Ah, Taylor Hicks ... the hottest single guy in America: ["Taylor Hicks: Silver Fox"]. Yeah, I got sucked into that silly "American Idol" thing this year and, from the beginning, I said Taylor Hicks was going to be in the finals. I didn't know if he would win; I thought he might. But I did know he would make it far. I don't know why. Maybe, it was the hope that someone with gray hair - granted, not because of age, he is prematurely gray - could win on a silly teeny-bopper show. Although, I was surprised to learn that so many adults watch that show! Practically everyone I know was watching and rooting for Taylor. But still. The guy was cool. He actually had a band - unlike some of the twinks on the show - and he can play the damn harmonica! I can't wait for the album. Hopefully, it will feature his bandmates and will have original tunes on it. Actually, watching Taylor and some recent open mic nights around town have only reminded me how much I miss making music. Although, I don't miss it that much.

One thing to fear - Hillary: It has become painfully clear. And thankfully, leftwingers are going after her. And for good reason. Here is the latest: ["Clinton booed on Iraq"]. This is the killer line right here, from Campaign for America's Future co-director Roger Hickey:
"The lesson we drew from the Clinton administration is that the progressive wing of the Democratic Party needs to be better organized in order to be heard, especially given the influence of groups like the DLC and corporate influence in general ..."
Gee, you think? Can anyone say Ralph Nader? And Iraq iscolossalsul mess. A failure beyond proportion.
Then there is this, from CODEPINK's Medea Benjamin: ["Peace Activists at Hillary Clinton's Speech Try to Take Back 'Take Back America'"]. If what Medea says here is true, does anyone else realize what this says? Essentially, the Take Back America folks lied or allowed themselves to be "taken aback" - pun intended - by Hillary's henchmen.
If they lied, then they can't be trusted and they are just another stupid group of people who think they are making a difference when they aren't really making any difference at all. If they didn't lie and were tricked by Hillary & Co. or didn't do anything when her henchmen took flyers from people, then we have more to fear than we thought.Publish
If this doesn't say it all about why we don't want to Clinton folks back in the White House - especially after what W. has done to the Constitution - I don't know what does!

Olbermann: OK, I love "Countdown" as much as the next guy, but please, please Keith, stop attacking your co-workers ... in writing!: ["It's 'Putdown With Keith Olbermann'"]. So what if she is as dumb as a post or has the personality of a soap dish. Big deal. Have some respect dude!

No comments: