Saturday, May 5, 2007

Twenty years of community radio
Congratulations to my friend "Drugless" Douglas Dinsmoor who celebrates 20 years of community radio on the air later today. Here is the text of his email, including a link to the Webstream:

Hey -

This is kind of a big show for me. It was May 7, 1987 when my trembling voice was first heard cracking over the airwaves, fulfilling my long-held dream of being a DJ.

Saturday will be my 823rd show, and it marks 20 years in community radio. I'm very proud that every single moment of my radio career has been as a volunteer.

It's doesn't happen often in life, but it's been my good fortune that the reality has been even better than the fantasy.

Please tune in and help me celebrate:

Saturday, May 5
KUVO
89.3 FM

http://www.kuvo.org to stream the signal

Noon - 3pm MT
2 - 5pm ET

11 - 2pm PT

Thanks!

Douglas

No comments: