Friday, April 18, 2008

More on the debate

I'm wondering if I should bother going on about the debate. Just about everyone in the nation right now thinks it was a disgrace. However, check out this land by Dan Kennedy here: ["More about the flag-pin lady"].

In the last day or two, former Clinton Labor Secy Robert Reich, and former Sens. Sam Nunn and David Boren endorsed Obama. The Boss also endorsed him. It should be noted that Nunn and Boren are both conservatives and hawks. Reich has a good explanation of "Bittergate" here: ["Obama. Bitterness, Meet the Press, and the Old Politics"].

This is funny: ["Wrong for Pennsylvania"].

This is funny too: ["South Park: The Day The Internet Stood Still"].

I meant to post this earlier in the week but I got bogged down: ["Retailing Chains Caught in a Wave of Bankruptcies"]. This is also an interesting read: ["In Web World of 24/7 Stress, Writers Blog Till They Drop"].
I'm not that bad but I am beginning to wonder whether or not I'm too wired. Like, for example, the fact that when I'm at work, I'm constantly on the Web. Or, the fact that I brought work home with me to do over vacation. Or, the fact that I'm eying my company Web site to make sure things are OK while I'm on vacation.
I won't do it tomorrow. But that's the thing about vacations. It really takes a couple of days to get out of the job and then, poof, you're back at the job again.

No comments: