Thursday, June 19, 2008

No respect for the dead?

You know, we all make mistakes. And in the media, we make even more mistakes then regular folks do. So, imagine the shock seeing this email from the Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting just a bit ago: ["Remembering Russert"].
When I saw the headline I thought, Oh, this should be interesting. But then, I saw what they wrote. They have no respect for the dead at all. Tim Russert isn't even in the ground yet and FAIR has to send this out?
I've always respected and supported FAIR even if I didn't always agree with their opinions or perceptions about the media. But this is just low.
A more tasteful thing to have done would have been to send a memo to NBC News and noted some of the problems with the previous productions of "Meet the Press," and even made recommendations about a Russert replacement.
It's always said that you shouldn't speak ill of the dead. I've always tried to live that way. Sometimes I succeed. Other times, I'm so angry I fail. But something like this is too much. We saw this when Ronald Reagan died and it was disgusting. If you can't say anything good about someone who has died, which might hurt someone else during a time of mourning, be quiet and move on.
This is one of the things that has always bothered me about "progressives" ... they don't know went to let go and they don't know when to get off their high horses. They are always right ... even when they are nailing the coffin over your head.

Heh, heh, heh: Nader's VotePact idea:


No comments: