Friday, March 30, 2007

Pen fetish follow up 1
Late last night, before heading off to bed, I decided to go into my home office and look at the big box of pens I described here: ["Six 'weird' things about me"]. I took a quick gander through the box, to see how many actual pens and pencils were in there, and I was astonished but what I found: 47 pencils, four with blue lead and one with red lead [I threw away three which were down to no eraser and not much lead]; 31 markers, including 20 Papermate felt tips and three thick-pointed sharpies; 12 ball points; four Uniball pens; two calligraphy pens, and two India ink Penstixs, my favorite, from Austria. Over the weekend, I will take a few minutes and find out which pens still work and throw away the rest. There was also sidewalk chalk, a container of pencil lead for a mechanical pencil which is missing, a slew of guitar picks, a 3-hold punch hand unit, 10 wrenches for a guitar I no longer own, a few fortune cookie slips, paper clips, a mile measurer, and one die.
I will follow up with more information about how many pens I have as I look about my house and find out.

No comments: