Monday, March 19, 2007

Webcasting problems
I'm in the process of putting together my first Podcast from home. It will happen sometime late this week. I have most of the basic gear I need to produce them and I'm truly excited about giving it a run through.
I don't know yet when - or where - I will be posting it. Blogger doesn't offer audio options on its service. If it did, it would get so bogged down. Imagine, millions of bloggers posting millions of gigs of audio. It would crash the world! Anyhoo, when I find a service that will allow me to post the audio in an inexpensive manner, I will start doing it.
Ideally, the Podcasts will be a slight extension of the blog. I'm going to read some stuff, talk a bit, and play DJ too. I'm shooting for them to be produced in one-hour segments so that I actually do them more than sporadically and so they aren't too big to download or listen to.
Please feel free to forward any tips if you know of any.
In thinking about my future Podcasts, the issue of changes in Internet broadcasting has come to mind, specifically a couple of issues which have been raised by small broadcasters and have made their way into, of all places, the Wall Street Journal: ["Royalty-Rate Hike Alarms Web Broadcasters"] and ["Can an Ohio Radio Station Reinvent Itself Yet Again?"]. Bob Bittner, of Cambridge's WJIB, who has also gotten some publicity about the issue, talks about it here: ["WJIB Announcement"]. Thanks to Bob Nelson for posting this on the Boston Radio Archive List.

1 comment:

raccoonradio said...

try posting your audio files on
Putfile.com

or there are sites that will offer you space for mp3 files for low or no cost. 250free.com and freehostia.com for example

in my own case I use AudioRecordWizard3 to record
airchecks and I FTP them to the Web