Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Political Roundup: Fox Debate Issue
Here are some of the political stories circulating.

The Politico is this new blog and occasional publication put out by political writers and it is pretty good. It has a lot of good gossip and other stuff. Here is a post about all these Senators trying to run for president: ["The Senatorial Curse"]. The odds, indeed, are against them. Here is another good post by the blog, stating that Air America is thinking about inviting all the GOP presidential candidates to a debate: ["Air America's Invitation"]. I haven't really commented on the whole FoxNews/Nevada Dem debate thing because I don't really know where I stand. I congratulate the liberals and bloggers who were able to get the thing canceled. But at the same time, I don't think FoxNews is really that bad. Sure, O'Reilly and Hannity are so insane at this point, I agree. But they aren't on the questioning panel. And, why shouldn't these candidates get the chance to talk to the viewers of FoxNews? It is clear, from a number of studies, that many viewers of FoxNews believe things which are factually incorrect. But, that doesn't mean they shouldn't get the chance to see a debate. I guess they will just have to go to C-SPAN like everyone else.

Nebraska's Sen. Chuck Hagel continues to stall: ["Hagel: 'Leaving my options open'"]. Mr. ES&S may be smart to take his time. With the way he's been talking about the administration, I'm surprised no one has bumped him off yet.

Here is the coverage of Rep. Tom Tancredo at a local high school: ["Candidate gives lessons in politics"]. I was personally invited to the Tancredo office opening down in Manch on Monday but I was late getting out of the house and couldn't make it. I like the fact that he is the only one talking about dealing with the illegal alien problem in a consistent and thorough manner.

This Buddhist writer has a very long piece on Sen. Barrack Obama: ["Can Barrack Obama Become President?"]. I like AlterNet. I wish I had more time to read all of the stuff out there.

Last, but not least, here is a guy in Oregon running for president. His goal? Ten percent in the Oregon primary, so he can send a few delegates to the convention: ["Corvallis man makes presidential bid in 2008"]. Well, it's always best to start small. In addition, it might be a brokered convention. And those two or three delegates could mean a lot.

2 comments:

Wicked Words said...

Love the redesign, Tony! Miss you; we'll have to get together while I'm studying for the bar this summer.

Tony said...

Fer sure! I miss you too, pal.