Wednesday, April 9, 2003

So much for "fair and balanced," Part 1
Okay, so I decided to watch "Hannity & Colmes" on FoxNews to see the two of them in a right vs. left argument about the supposed "liberation" of Baghdad today. Maybe that was my first mistake. However, usually during the program there will be at least an interesting yelling match between Sean Hannity and a liberal guest, and Alan Colmes and a conservative guest. It can be pretty interesting and informative.
But guess what?
The first guest on was Rudy Guliani, who then proceeded to join Hannity by yelling about the liberals being wrong about the war. No liberal guest.
The second guest?
That right-wing nut Michael Reagan, son of the former president and a radio talk show host. And then Hannity and Reagan again spent 10 minutes blaming liberals for everything that is wrong with the world. Again, no liberal guest.
This is "fair and balanced?" What a friggin' crock.
So, I emailed Colmes about the situation:

"Hey Alan, I am sitting here watching your show like I try to do every day and I am scratching my head wondering "What the hell is going on?" How come you have Guliani and Michael Reagan on with Sean laying into how wrong the left is and there are no counter guests to join you? This is "fair and balanced." Best, Tony"
I haven't heard back yet ... because he is still on the air.

Now, Robert McFarlane, the former National Security Advisor, is on. He worked for Reagan and was involved in the Iran/Contra scandal. A liberal guest? Nope, silence. Again, "fair and balanced?"