Sunday, August 19, 2007

Quotes from candidates
Here are some interesting quote from candidates of late:

John Edwards, in Iowa, from the NYT:
"I've been fighting these people all my entire life. I fought them in the courtroom, and I've beat them. ... We've got to stop being mealy-mouthed and careful. We've got to get rid of the robber barons. We need to have some guts."
Rudy Giuliani, in New Hampshire, telling voters why he can win in states like New Jersey and Pennsylvania:
“The only other candidate that I see has a chance in at least some of those states is (Arizona Sen.) John McCain. I think the others lose by more than double digits to Hillary Clinton there. Those are states we have to put in play to win the presidency. They are also states we have to win back Senate and congressional seats.’’
Unlike the children of some candidates, Joe Biden's son will be heading to Iraq next year, from Radio Iowa:

"I don't want him going. But I tell you what, I don't want my grandson or my granddaughters going back in 15 years and so how we leave makes a big difference. There's no political point worth my son's life. There's no political point worth anybody's life out there. None."

Mike Huckabee in the WSJ:
"We have to show that we are also problem-solvers, not just ideologues. People are not going to tolerate a government that just is led by people who just believe something. They want a government that is led by people who can do something. And all the beliefs in the world don't change the dynamics if we're unable to function and function effectively."

No comments: