Quick headlines Saturday:
I will probably only be posting quick headlines throughout the week this week.
* I'm going to pull a Veruca Salt: I want one, I want one, Daddy, I want one!: ["Ford Escape Hybrid"].
* Wonder why gas prices are so high? Check this out: ["Record income at Chevron-Texaco"].
* UFOs are freaking out the Iranians: ["Flying Saucer Fever Grips Iran, Theories Abound"].
* A swing state poll: Kerry back on top in New Hampshire: ["Poll Shows Kerry Hanging Onto Slim Lead In N.H."]. Kerry had a big lead in February, then Bush took the lead in two American Research Group polls [with Nader getting as high as 8 percent], now Kerry again has a slim lead. Rasmussen posted a poll last week showing Kerry with a 2 percent lead. As an aside, MoveOn.org has been airing its new "War Record" ad here. It describes Kerry's service in 'Nam compared to Bush's as-close-as-you-can-get-to AWOL "service" record during the same time period. It is an excellent ad: ["War Record"]. Too bad Kerry's ads aren't this good ...
* Bush goes after a safe meatpacker: ["Entrepreneurship Gets Slaughtered"].
* When did California become China?: ["Inmate-staffed voter hot line irks Rep. Close"].