Saturday, December 22, 2007

A tale of two editorials

The Concord Monitor got a bit of national play today after offering a scathing non-endorsement of former Mass. Gov. Mitt Romney: ["Romney should not be the next president"].
But what is so confusing is that just a month ago, another editorial in the Monitor seemed to commend him for understanding the nation's problems: ["Romney has good grasp of nation's problems"].
While the first editorial didn't endorse Romney, it seemed to say, Hey, he gets it. The second, well, it says he has no record and insinuates he is a phony. So, which is it?

WRKO's new host
WRKO 680 in Boston has a new talk host in the 10 a.m. to noon slot named Reece Hopkins: ["WRKO's newest talk show host has a Wild resume"].
The SaveWRKO blog has a bunch of stuff about the new host and the apparent firing of Todd Feinburg: ["SaveWRKO"].
This is one of the more interesting posts this week: ["Focus Group Participant: Hopkins Got Lukewarm Response"].
I was emailed about the focus group and they had me fill out a questionnaire before I could be a part of the focus group. But, alas, my test didn't get an invite, which I found to be a bit strange since I've only been listening to WRKO off and on for more than two decades. What do I know, right?

No comments: