Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Pirozzi - 'It's not true'
Iowa Kerry operative and Belmont native Angelique Pirozzi has denied reports in last Sunday's Boston Herald that she is upset about her role in the campaign. Responding to an email this afternoon, this is what she had to say:
Yeah, I got wacked all right. No, it's not true. I am the only person in the Kerry operation that has any recent Iowa Caucus experience and it just makes sense that I go...I am actually really excited about John Kerry in Iowa. He's doing really well there. I will be serving as the Caucus Director for John Kerry in charge of the caucus program which is a significant role in the nominating process. Never thought I'd go anywhere else......
While she wouldn't comment on who would say such nasty and untrue things about her to the newspaper, Pirozzi has an idea who it might have been. But, the cheap shot hasn't bummed her out at all. In fact, she was able to see a little humor in the whole thing:
As Oscar Wilde said, 'The only thing worse than being gossiped about is not being talked about at all.'